The quality management of Printcolor has been certified according to DIN EN ISO 9001, an international standard for quality management systems, for several years now. Printcolor places value on quality, reliability and efficient processes and, thus, a quality management which meets the latest criteria. In the context of the certification in accordance with ISO 9001:2015 in August / September 2017, all our processes have been reviewed and approved.
Compared to the previous version, the ISO 9001:2015 standard is more flexible on one hand, but also sharper on the other. More flexible, when it comes to document management requirements and the assignment of responsibilities, sharper concerning the knowledge and risk management. The key changes compared to ISO 9001:2008 are the following:
- Strategic direction: the quality management system must be compatible with the strategic direction and the context of the organisation. Furthermore, all for the QM system relevant target groups need to be defined.
- Process performance: internal processes influence the results and thus the success. From now on, not only the result but also the process performance is taken into consideration.
- No quality management representative: this position and its responsibilities are assigned to several people.
- Systematic analysis of chances and risks: potential chances and risks need to be gathered, evaluated and actions derived.
- Systematic knowledge management: existing, practical knowledge must be recorded, archived and provided to the whole company.
- More flexible document management requirements: a printed quality management documentation is no longer required.
Various advantages for our clients
For our clients, quality management according to ISO 9001 has many advantages. On one hand, the certification clarifies our quality orientation as well as our customer-orientated way of working. Processes are being audited periodically and, if necessary, optimized. Due to this objective check, possibly entrenched processes or procedures can be identified and improved. On the other hand, clearly defined processes increase productivity and lead to higher transparency. Processes are comprehensible and recorded which leads to constant quality and ability to supply. In the end, our customers benefit, since ISO 9001 is designed for customer satisfaction.
23 October 2017